This is a family film from summer 2018.
I disagree with those who may argue that to be a professional, academic or scientist that it is better for us to “detach” ourselves from our family and personal lives.
This summer: both our children, now young adults, have flown the nest. All Godwits need to fly.
In making this film I have been helped by reading and exploring: from the open page to the outdoors.
I share in my films the work of others. I am no more than a magpie and Editor. But if you are tempted to label me please call me a gardener: a gardener who seeks to let nature do what it naturally does: seasonally colour the world.
Words in this film are ‘borrowed’ (stolen) from my reading of:
Tomas Tranströmer, Julian Barnes, Leonard Cohen, John Macmurray, A S Byatt, Margaret Drabble, Vladamir Nabokov, Yann Martel, Patrick Geddes and Cesare Pavese.
(1) The past and the Pending – by the Shins
(2) Time for Heroes – by the Libertines
(3) My True Country – by Paul Buchanan
(4) The Boy with The Arab Strap – Belle and Sebastian (live at Glasgow Concert Hall)
(5) Armageddon Days (Are Here Again) – by The The
(6) Fox in the Snow – Belle and Sebastian (live at Glasgow Concert Hall)
(7) Wrapped Up in Books – Belle and Sebastian (live at Glasgow Concert Hall)
(8) Cold Cold Cold – by Cage the Elephant
(9) Into my Arms – by Nick Cave and the Black Seeds
(10) 60 + Punk – by Death Cab for Cutie
(11) Garden – by C. Duncan
(12) Random Rules – by Silver Jews