William Delacour (also known as William Delacourt or William De la Cour) was a French painter. He settled in Edinburgh in March 1760 and, in Edinburgh, was appointed the first Master of the Trustees’ Academy. He also worked for private clients, including interior decoration, such as the drawing rooms of Milton House on the Canongate and Hawkhill Villa, Lochend.
Delacour died at Toderick’s Wynd, Edinburgh in 1767 [marked ’84’ in the map below]. At the time of his death Delacour was bankrupt.