This auld bridge carried the Glenlivet to Inveravon road over the River Livet. It predates the work of General Wade by at least a century. It is believed to have been built by the Marquis of Huntly [Gordon of Blairfindie] and originally had three hump-backed arches until it was irrevocably damaged in the terrible flood of 1829. A new bridge was built a little further down the river in 1835.
A newspaper report of 1829 in relation to the damage caused by the flood: