This photograph of Frisky Hall Inn was taken by Duncan Brown in 1856. This once popular Inn no longer survives. It sat within an orchard on the north bank of the Clyde, and by a slipway there was access to Captain Scott’s shipyard where vessels could be hauled out of the Clyde for repair.
Dunglass castle, with ‘Glasgow Style‘, was a near neighbour of Frisky Hall:
To play this short film please click here or on the image above
In early December 1865, at Frisky Hall, on board No. 6 Barge, a well-known Captain of the Clyde dropped suddenly dead: