This 17th century Laird’s House had its own tower. It sat by the edge of the Forth where the river Carron enters the estuary. In its grounds it had a grotto with a statute of Neptune. It also had a summer house with quotes from Virgil’s Aeneid. All traces of Orchardhouse were removed sometime after 1953 and today only the line of trees by the former driveway survive:
The above photograph was taken on the 19th February 2018.