Sea Park, then known as Eunies Crook, was granted to William Ellison and Janet Niven his wife in 1574 by the Abbot of Kinloss and remained in their family until 1800.Circa 1809 a ‘new house’ , called SeaPark, was built. It became the property of James Rose:
In 1838 by John Dunbar who had made a forune in shipping; he further enlarged the house, leaving it to his sister Phoebe on his death in 1845. She had married Edward Dunbar and took the name Dunbar Dunbar.
The Rev. John Archibald Dunbar-Dunbar (8 October 1849 – 11 November 1905) was a British philatelist who was one of the “Fathers of Philately” entered on the Roll of Distinguished Philatelists in 1921. He was an expert in the stamps of Australia.