The once beautiful designed landscape of ‘Douglas Support’ survives (only just) on the outskirts of Coatbridge.
‘Douglas Support’ has faced all that time could possibly throw. The house was demolished by Charles Brand in 1932. Yet, the hidden glen in which it overlooked survives, lung-like, between a nexus of central Scotland motorways.
A film about Douglas Support will follow, but meantime here are a few images, both old and now: